King Immigration Law Group – A Full Service Immigration Law Firm

At King Immigration Law Group we understand that individuals are shaped by different backgrounds and experiences and as such, successful resolution of any matter requires a compassionate and individualized approach uniquely tailored to meet the needs of each situation.  Whether you are an individual, with your family or a small business, we are here to offer professional and reliable legal counsel every step of the way as we work to successfully achieve your goals.

The United States honors the right to asylum to any individual who has been persecuted or fears persecution in their native country.  Asylum is a protection granted to foreign nationals already in the United States or at the border who meet the international definition of a “refugee.”  If you or someone you know needs information or guidance regarding asylum or refugee protection, please contact Oliver King immediately.

Learn More About Our Acquiring Asylum Here

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is a federal program designed to provide relief from deportation or removal for certain young undocumented individuals who entered the United States as minors.  For those young undocumented immigrants who are eligible, DACA provides (i) a two-year protection from deportation or removal, and (ii) two-years of employment authorization (work permit).  However, it is important to understand that DACA does not grant anyone visa status and it is not a permanent benefit.  Rather, receipt of the program’s benefits is subject to renewal after two-years.

Learn More About Our Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals Here

A non-citizen may become subject to deportation or removal from the United States as a consequence of certain criminal convictions.  Unfortunately, many non-citizens do not realize that a minor criminal infraction or conviction, even if it occurred decades ago, can trigger deportation or removal proceedings.  For example, if a non-citizen has a conviction for which he or she received probation and removal proceedings are initiated on the basis of that conviction, he or she could be subject to indefinite mandatory detention in immigration custody and may ultimately be ineligible for a waiver of deportation or removal, even if he or she has been the holder of a green card for decades prior.

Learn More About Our Deportation or Removal Defense Here

If you are a foreign national and seek to live in the United States on a permanent basis, you will need to obtain a permanent resident visa (“green card) through the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.   As a lawful permanent resident (LPR), you enjoy many of the same benefits and freedoms as U.S. citizens, including the right to work in the United States, and you are able to petition for close family members (spouses and unmarried children) to also receive permanent residence.  However, due to the fact that a permanent resident remains a citizen of another country, every time you travel outside of the United States certain procedural requirements must be complied with so as to ensure your re-entry into the United States as a “green card” holder.

Learn More About Our Permanent Residency Here

Our office provides professional assistance and guidance to meet the needs of individuals in the process of receiving P-1 Visas from the immigration authorities.  P-1 Visas are issued to persons who perform as an athlete individually or as part of a group or team that is “internationally recognized.”

Learn More About Our P-1 Visas for Athletes Here

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) is federal legislation that was passed in 1994 in an effort to combat violence against women and provide protection to women who have suffered violent abuses.  Under the VAWA, an abused immigrant spouse, child or parent may self-petition for lawful permanent status by filing Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er) or Special Immigrant, with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, without having to rely on the abusive U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse or parent to file a petition on the victim’s behalf.  This allows victims of abuse to seek safety and independence from their abuser in the United States.  VAWA applicants may also apply for work and travel permits while their green card application is pending.  Since its passage, VAWA has expanded to apply equally to all genders and is not specific to women.

Learn More About Our Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Here